Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hello, now it's time for my post on Annual Camp '10. :)

I think I learnt a lot from this camp. Like really a lot. I don't know whether I'm exagerrating or not, haha, but then it's like you get this really refreshing feeling and good vibe that you learnt so much during this 4D3N. Haha.

I'll just talk about some of the highlights in the camp. :)

Hmm first we started with tent pitching. I tell you ahh, I want to be the Tent Pitching Guru! :D Hehehe, I love tent pitching a lot a lot. :) After this camp I can proudly say that I know all the steps already! :D Haha, then that Charlene ahh, go for Kitchen Shelter, and Louisa has her QM duty. Then in the end I'm the only Sec 3 there for tent pitching. Haha, but nvm.
Comparing this year's TP to '08's TP, somehow I feel that this year's one is much faster. I rmb '08 we were all so blur, dunno what's the steps, sweating under the scorching hot sun, hahaha!
Gadget making was quite alright. Haha, our baggage rack the pole can see some slant in the centre already! xD

Basically nothing much happened on the first day. Mainly setting up of camp and stuff. Second day was mainly Outdoor Cooking. For me, it was dealing with fire, fire, fire all day long. Haha, but I don't mind, cos I love firelighing! :) In the morning I didn't do Crafts, cos I was down for Patrol Cooking. As usual, dealed with the fire with Celest. Hahaha, Celest!
Then after that was Outdoor Cooking. Like the real ODC that I've always wanted to try. The turfing method with the Changkul. At first gave me a scare, I thought I couldn't do turfing cos I scalded my finger a teeny weeny bit only, haha, then the Guiders didn't allow me to, but in the end I did. Haha. I like turfing! :D And cooking food the 'traditional way' instead of using zinc plates and stuff. And this was also the first ODC that went so smoothly in all my life. Especially the food part. Like the food that we cooked was very very edible (haha!) and nice! First time eating a successfully cooked chicken! :D

OMG, Campfire! Hahaha, campfire on the second night was... weird, like last year! But anyway, the good thing was that we got it over and done with. Hahaha, Charlene and I were the emcees and we had to use a lot of thinking on the spot, cos somehow, the circumstances were so different. Or is it just that we were too nervous to even look at the script? But anyway, with most of the help from Charlene, we managed to complete the whole campfire rather smoothly! :) Hahaha, Charlene the joker, just blabber anything that comes to her mind. But oh well, she's Charlene, and everyone laughs at what she says! xD But yeah, we were both so nervous, our hearts were like beating so fast! Then we forgot to do quite a lot of stuff in the intro, like whatever we originally planned was mostly not adhered to. But oh well, that's the thing about flexibility! :D

Third day was the most interesting day. :) Had kite making in the morning. Then went to Punggol Park to fly the kite. Hahaha, it was so funny I tell you. 1. You go to Punggol Park, where the grass area is so small, to fly a kite? Some more it's not one kite only, there were 14 kites that needed to be flown! 2. There was no wind at all! $*#%^*@ Chelsea and I really wanted our kite to fly, but then the weather and the surroundings were not ideal, then we were so pissed, cos we know that our kite could fly! Then everybody was running along with the kite, only our patrol didn't run, cos we knew that would only damage your kite! Hahaha, looked like some weirdos there. In the end, when we left that place, we passed by so many big plots of land where much more kites were flying you know! Then we were like, arghhh, should have flown there! Haha, but it's ok. (:

Amazing Race at Tampines New Town was the funniest thing! Omg, my patrol really went kuku there man. But I always love amazing races, hee, so yup, very very fun, running around here and there, even though it was only within Tampines New Town itself. I like the part about the '100' photos one. :) Thought we snapped a lot photos and thought we confirm win already, haha, but it turns out other patrols had more than us! xD Anyway, winning doesn't matter, but we had a lot of fun as a patrol. Haha, laughed like mad over there! :D Haha, and then the bus ride back to Camp Christine was also so funny! We sat together then we just kept laughing and laughing, we were all really on a sugar high! Haha, that feeling is great man.

Next we had our night walk. I thought the night walk was quite cool, cos we had to walk in from somewhere after the main road and back into Camp Christine. On the way we are to make our supper (Milo) from mess tins and tommy cooker and solid fuel. I thought that was a great idea, of testing our survival skills. :) However I was pulled out from my patrol with Jing Wen. Hahaha. So I didn't get to walk and cook supper with them. But then ahh, the night walk wasn't scary at all! I thought it would be much more scarier, but then on that night the moon was so bright, it's like smiling on us like that. Then when we walk, it's walk in patrols! Not individually. Haha. Of course like that not freaky already what! But then me and Jing Wen were the 'marshall' points people. Haha, trying to act scary, sometimes our attempt failed, sometimes it successfully scared some people! HAHA! But the supper part was a cool experience. :)

Next day was mainly packing and cleaning up and dismantling all our gadgets and striking tents. I thought we moved quite fast today. :) Like the striking off tents were really fast, imo. :) And then my patrol was supposed to pack logistics, I thought it's pack at the Guides shed there you know! Aiyo, I was so dumb man. But anyway, striking tents is cool. :) And we finally took a patrol photo with our beautiful tent! Before striking it down, of course. :)

Oh I realised I haven't introduced my patrol yet. Patrol 2, Wiggles! :D Our patrol identity is totally BOOMZ ok! It's 3 feathers and 2 wiggly wires on a purple hairband. Y'know what? On the first day when we wore it, the other patrols all laughed at us ok! So mean, keep teasing us say we look kuku! But humph. Whatever. We were the only patrol who consistently wore our patrol identity ok! :D By the second day some patrols weren't even wearing theirs anymore. Hehe, but Wiggles wore them all the way till we broke camp in school! :D Yay, good job Wiggles, I'm so proud of you! So in the end, we won the Best Patrol Identity! :D And also the Most Enthusiastic Patrol! Hahaha, I think it's mostly the 4 of us, hahaha, we kept laughing I think. Hmm. But yes, well done Wiggles! :D

I must really thank Charlene for everything man. For this camp we were in so many things together. Patrol, Campfire emcees, and stuff. Charlene: Thank you for making our Patrol Identity and labelling our meal bags until latelate into the night! ): But yes, thanks so much, your effort totally paid off! :D Thank you for typing out the CF script too, haha, you ahh, so careless, go close the convo box then everything is lost! But anyway, yeah, thanks so much. We were in the same patrol for 3 years in a row man! Same AC patrol. Milo Susilo, Vroom Vroom Pow, and now, Wiggles! :D Hehehe, fate.

Haha, then I won the Obama prize for being an all-rounder! Yay me! :D Lol, but I wasn't really listening to the description, only picked up 'all-rounder'. HAHA, must self-praise myself a bit mah! :D Hehe, it feels great being an 'all-rounder'. :D

Many thanks to Guiders and ex-Sec 4s for coming back to help out and faciliate! :D Also thanks to our QMs Sabrina and Louisa, who slogged so hard and tolerated so much for this camp! Thanks to CLs and ACLs, FA Shirley and Si Min, and thanks a lot to Wiggles, my beloved patrol, for making this camp so interesting and full of ups and downs! :D

Great. Now I miss AC so much. ): I remember a lot of us were reluctant to go for camp. As in we weren't that excited and we had no mood for it. But now, haha, I wanna go back to Camp Christine! ): And I want to sleep in my tent with my patrol! ): Hah, as usual, didn't want to go back from camp. ): Have I mentioned? This is the first time, the very first time, I went for a complete Annual Camp. Sad, I know, in fact, very sad, cos this is not only the first, but also the last time I'm going for a complete Annual Camp. Sec 1, had to leave on the second night cos had piano exam. Sec 2, had to go for Sec 1 Orientation! >( Sec 3, ahh, finally a full one. :) Gained a lot a lot man. Can't stand it. Haha. Then next year Sec 4, surely cannot go already man. Unless AC is after our Os then maybe there's a chance. Haha. :)

IWMYVVM! ):

No comments: