Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hello, I'm back from my Guides Annual Camp! It was... indescribable. It was quite hectic for me especially cos the PCs and PSLs had to go for Sec 1 Orientation Camp (which is exactly on both days of the Guides one), then when it ends, join the Guides and stay over. Which means, in the day, I'm involved in Orientation, then in the evening till night it's Guides.

I was so, so sad when told that I had to go for Orientation Camp over Guides camp. As in miss all those day activities happening over at Guides... Not that I don't like to go for Orientation, I like to, but I'd very much prefer going for Guides.

So basically I can't tell you what went on during the day for Guides, but on the first night was the campfire. VROOM VROOM POW's campfire item went so smoothly! It was fantastic! Awesome! I'm so proud of our patrol, for executing such a great campfire performance. :D This won us the title of the 'Best Campfire Item'! :DDD

Second night was the night walk. You know before the camp I was so scared for it? Cos all the Sec 3s said it was going to be very scary. I didn't know how true it was, haha, but just before the segment, I sort of felt excited. I was one of the first few to go, because I wanted to get it over and be done with. They (Guiders and Sec 3s) shortened the route, and they cut quite a lot of parts for the night walk, cos the Guiders felt it was too scary or dangerous...
But otherwise, even with this improvised route and everything, it successfully frightened quite a number of us! But I was a bit disappointed at the individual part; it could have been longer. After the individual part, I paired up with Carin, and from then on I wasn't really scared anymore, haha, cos you have someone with you! The stations were good, but throughout the whole thing, I wanted to laugh at the stations/Sec 3s! Sorry, no offence, but I just felt like laughing... But in general, the acting was very convincing!

Today we didn't do much (for Guides) cos there was Homecoming. There was supposed to be Patrol Challenge after lunch, but then it was cancelled cos the school was going to close at 2pm. So sad right! I thought that would be my first time playing games/having activities with my patrol (excluding campfire), and got so excited. Hah, who knows that the school had to close early despite us already informing them that we'll break camp at 3 plus.

Manito was good. :) Both my manito and angel are CLs! Haha! Carin pointed that out. I know I was very obvious, given my informal tone and leaking off so much stuff about me. Kaushi guessed it right from the first letter! :/ She recognised my handwriting. Haha.

I want to say this again. I was very sad and disappointed that I couldn't join the rest of the Guides for the day activities. For both days you know. (The camp was 3D2N btw.) Last year I had to leave halfway, this year I couldn't attend the day part. What about next year? It'd better be a full, 100% one. Seeing how the rest of my patrol and Guides went out to East Coast to do many different interesting yet tiring activities, I was so jealous and envious and sad that I couldn't go! ): I really wanted to part of it, part of the things, activities! I don't want to be so isolated from my patrol, especially since we're bonded and enthusiastic during the camp!

Anyway, Vroom Vroom Pow is a really great patrol, I love you guys, thanks for being enthusiastic and cooperative, especially during our campfire item. It was so great! I really feel sorry that I can't join you guys for 90% of the time in Annual Camp, just wanted to let you know that I also didn't want to have it this way. But anyway, great great job people, it's really alright if we didn't win the Best Patrol Award, even though me and the other Sec 2s thought we were in a good place for it... Well done, Vroom Vroom Pow!

To the Sec 3s, thank you so much for organising, planning etc for this camp, of course together with the help of the Guiders. Thank you for the amazing night walk that you guys planned so hard for it. :) It was great!



We are the Vroom Vroom Pow,
So cool and so wow,
We're gonna rock the house
And bring you down.
We got that cool cool look,
Awesome identity,
We got that Vroom Vroom Vroom,
That smashing Vroom Vroom Vroom!

No comments: