Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'm here to update over the past few days.

Saturday
I went to the Supreme Court! Can you believe it? I'm being charged in court! Argh! Ok, enough nonsense. There was the 'open house' so my family went to see. It is called 'The Living Courthouse', and I don't know why it's being called that way. It was very crowded! There was such a long queue outside the entrance doors but fortunately the queue moved fast. The buildings has 9 storeys! I didn't know it was so tall.

There was a quiz or as they called, 'The Justice Trail'. You have to go around to different levels and venues to complete the quiz and if you get all answers correct, you can get a free shoe bag. We were very lucky, cos once we entered the building, a lady (or staff) handed the quiz with all the correct answers filled in already. Hah, the only thing that's left is to get the stamp for the correct questions.

We went to a number of courtrooms and they looked similar, and of course, found out more about the facts and fictions of the law and order and courtcases. For example, you don't need a lawyer to go to court! You can just defend yourself but you have to be good enough and professional enough to win the case.

The highlight everything is that we attended a court enactment! Which means some people acted out the situation in a courtcase. Haha, it was about 'Who Pushed Humpty?' and the accused is the Big Bad Wolf. Then there were witnesses and counsellors (lawyers) and in the end, Humpty, who was supposed to be in the hospital in a coma, came to the court and told everyone that it was he himself that fell off the parapet. So the DPP (Deputy Prosecutor sthg) withdrew her accuse against the Big Bad Wolf. It sounds quite nursery-rhyme-like, but it's very enriching. Finally got to know what happens in court!

Oh, I like the witness' oath: I solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm that the evidence I shall give in this court shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Nice right? Haha.

Sunday
Errr, nothing much happened, just went to Lot One Shoppers' Mall in the evening... (Finally went there.)

Monday
Cousins came for the whole day. Couldn't really do much work, but managed to finish English Compre and Summary. Then went bowling in the late afternoon. :)

Tuesday
Went shopping in the afternoon with Xin Yu! Ah, she bought FBT and the 'Little Miss' shirt. And she kept feeling guilty cos she spent too much money... Oh well. Actually wanted to buy the LM shirt with her, but decided to buy another shirt elsewhere. And I was thankful that I bought the other shirt. Hahaha.

Wednesday
Met at CCY's house to discuss Chinese project. Found out that Jeslyn's group was also discussing at the same time as us! After that Yuan Hui and I went to Heartland Mall. To buy pen(s). =.=

Today
I'M SO BORED! Sigh.

I think Manito is getting more fun! Planning to introduce sthg else in my letters... :) But I hope that the clues that I give aren't too obvious. >.<

No comments: