Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Let's start from yesterday, shall we?

Yesterday in the morning I went for the Inter-Unit Initiative (Guides) at Ngee Ann Sec. Well, there were supposed to be 27 people turning up, but instead half turned up. Anyway, we did Napkin Folding, Towel Animal, Balloon Sculpting and Gel Candle. I was so hungry in the midst of the activities! We only had refreshments/lunch break at 12.40. But nvm, after it ended I went straight to Downtown East.

Which is the next segment that I'm about to say. I went to Downtown East (hmm, or more like Escape Theme Park) with Sabrina, Wei Ting, Jing Wen, Natalie, Jasveen, Regina and Vithika. Cos now the adult ticket only costs $9 each. This promotion lasts from now till the end of the year. And since I haven't been to ETP for 3-4 years, I thought I'd just give it a try.

Escape, the place itself, is very small, and there's really little rides. Nowonder they can afford to give such great discounts, cos I think they have not much business, even though it's the holidays already. I heard from my friends that many rides have already been done away with, and yes, I also think so too. Even though I haven't been there for a long time, I remember sitting rides that I don't see now anymore.

Well, I shall just fast forward to the highlight of the day: the VIKING SHIP! :D Can you believe this, I have never sat on an actual Viking Ship before. Yes, I only sat on the small, mini, pasar malam kind. Haha! Cos I was scared, you know. Haha, but now I think I'm more brave (braver?), so I just went to try. And it paid off, man! I mean, one has to be more adventurous right? ;) I sat on the third-last row, together with Sabbie and Jasveen. Oh my, it was so cool! Exciting! Exhilarating! :D:D You just feel like you're going to fall off your seat when you're at the highest point, or some where that's very high. Hahs, it was so funnn! I was screaming and screaming until my mouth went dry after the ride! Oh, not to mention that Sabbie's screaming was awesome! Haha, awesome? Yeah, kinda awesome, cos she was screaming more than me, practically every time the boat goes up she screams, even when it's not that scary, in my opinion. Haha. And she screams the high-pitched one. Hah, leave it to your imagination to visualise it!

After some breaks of going to other rides, like the Wet&Wild, which was not bad, quite thrilling too, we went for the Viking Ship again. Yay! Actually some of them went for a second time first, then I joined in later, cos my stomach was still a bit full after eating. So when I went again, I sat at the row that's closest to the middle, to avoid any discomfort during and/or after the ride.

Guess what happened? There were 3 boys who sat opposite us, but facing us, and they were acting so foolishly. When the ride just started, a girl who was sitting right at the back shouted/screamed, then one of them said "Diam lah!" Ho, I was like, people want to scream then let them scream! Lol! Then they themselves just started shouting and screaming (err, wait, I don't think boys scream) unneccessarily. Oh well, then Sabbie suddenly said, "I feel challenged." HAHA! DON'T YOU THINK IT'S SO FUNNY? Haha, ok, probably it doesn't sound funny here. Anyway, then when the ride started getting intense, Sabbie and I started screaming, then the boys opposite us were asking us to shut up. Soon, Sabbie got pissed, haha, and purposely did the contrary of their requests - scream louder! HAHAHAH, when the boy opposite us ask us to "Diam", Sabbie opened her mouth wide and screamed at them! Right in his face! LOL! Especially when it's not the scary part, she still screamed at them! HAHAHAHAHAH!

Alright, we now name Sabbie the 'Leader of the Screams', when sitting on the Viking Ship! Haha! So funny! Well, I guess it's just this last ride on the Viking Ship that was the highlight of the trip. The others like the Wet&Wild, which I mentioned already, was very good, and the Family Coaster is not bad too. We went twice. Just that it seemed like they haven't oiled the tracks or sthg for years. I didn't go into the Haunted House, cos I was scared. Yes, haha, for this I'm not ready to go for it yet. :P

All in all, I think ETP is going downhill, cos there's so little rides left. And for those rides, less than half are actually enjoyable, in my opinion. So, when the Resorts World Sentosa (RTS) opens next year, they'll surely have no business. Haiii, so sad. But it's not as if I have a liking for that place. :/

Alrightalright, enough about ETP. Let's progress to today. In the morning and half of the afternoon, we had the New Leaders Welcome. The games were quite fun, yes, and I feel that this whole session really bonded CPB a lot! Previously I didn't feel bonded or attached to this board, but today, everyone made an effort to get to know one another better, and bonded together! Yeah, that's cool. :)

Aiyo, I didn't get wet during the water balloon game! So sad, I was looking forward to getting wet, you know, have some fun. But apparently, we weren't agressive in 'attacking' each other, so not many got wet.

Lunch was delicious! They catered food for us! How nice. :) Then after lunch at about 1.30, when the sun was burning hot, we had to walk out off school and walk on the Homecoming Day route! The entire thing, not just one side of it! The full, two routes combined! First we walked through Wan Tho Ave, then walked along Upper Serangoon Rd on the hill top, then walked along Upper Aljunied Rd, and back to Willow Ave outside Cedar Primary, then back into our school. I'm telling you, it's not easy ok. I mean, with the scorching hot sun? I bet it's 34 or 35 degrees Celsius then man! I was hot and thirsty! But anyway, there's always a purpose and motive for doing such things.

Ok, have to go eat now. See ya. ;)

No comments: