Thursday, November 19, 2009

Ok, now for the detailed account of the Peral trip! :D

Day 1, Saturday

It's a long, long journey ride there! :/ Ahh well, but no one can help it, cos Perak is so far north. It's above the state of Selangor, where KL is situated. It's about 3-4 hours longer than the journey to KL from Singapore.

Do I have to describe what we did in the bus? Haha, sleep, listen to music, read (a bit), practise blowing the bubble of the bubblegum, and taking unglam photos of Teo with her gum. But actually it's not unglam, since she doesn't mind it at all. And she always does these kinda things, so, yeah. Haha.

We were supposed to go to Kellie's Castle in the evening, but when we reached Perak, it was too late to go there cos it'll be dark already, and it's not advisible to go there at night, cos that place is reputed to be haunted... :/:/:/ Instead, we had 40 minutes to walk at a shopping centre. Yes, I know, so short right? But anyway, it doesn't matter, cos I didn't go to Perak with the intention of shopping. It's an adventure trip, my dear. Haha, the fact that they let us stop by the shopping centre was good enough. I didn't buy anything, cos of the time constraint and cos I didn't see anything that I liked.

The hotel was very nice, just like other standard hotels. I love the atmosphere! It's very grand, and there was someone playing the grand piano downstairs, so there's this very... special feeling. Not like some quiet hotel. Anyway, we had quite a lot of time, so we camwhored, not really camwhore, just take random shots. Hahaha.

Day 2, Sunday

I was so excited for this day! It's like, WHITE WATER RAFTING and WATERFALL ABSEILING! :DDD We sat off to the Riverbug place via bus and van. There was a change in plans, erm, well, not really plans, but you know the day before the teachers told us to bring extra clothes, sandals whatever stuff we want to change into, then on the day itself it seems like whatever you bring along to the place will be whatever you will carry to the white water rafting itself. No place to put your whatsoever stuff. So I kinda brought so many things till my small bag wanted to burst, then in the end it was quite good that we didn't actually have to bring anything with us.

Thankfully, there were no leeches! :D Actually I don't understand where the leech can strike you. As in bite. Cos it's not really a forest. Ohkay, then the briefing was so funnyyyy! The guide was speaking in a really cute and funny accent! And he loves to crack lame jokes, maybe not jokes, but then he will always pause a while, then say, "Kidding onlehh!" HAHAHA. Can you imagine that? Ohk, at first we didn't see it as sthg special or funny, but then after the 2nd time it became like a new joke of the century! HAHA. Then we just kept laughing over "Kidding onlehh"!

Fast forward to when we were carrying our rafts to the river. Hoho, so cool! You could see that the water was fast flowing, and there were rocks, so it's very exciting and thrilling! :) When we got in, I thought we could 'take off' already, but the guide just kept circling us around and around that same area, I think to get us warmed up, or to wait for the other rafts to go first. During this period of time, it was quite boring, cos we haven't actually travelled through the rapids yet.

Then finally, we set off, and there comes the bumpy rides! The rocks and rapids were so fun! The command, "Boomboom" is to signal that we get into the raft, meaning sit on the bottom of it. Cos we were only sitting on the edge of the raft, with our legs inside, that's all. So when it's time to boomboom, it means that there's a huge rapid or some 'dangerous' (in my opinion, exciting) part. Hehe. So at the first part of the journey, there were many of these nice rapids and boomboom-s, hah, so we were enjoying ourselves! HAHA, then that Sabrina and Charlene, who ask them to sit together, whenever there's a boomboom, they keep crashing into each other, and always have a hard time getting up again. Oh yes, and they kept laughing as if it's their last chance to laugh. =.= Gosh! Laugh within your own territory man, Sabbie! You always make laughter seem so contagious, yes, even though I know it is! Haha, that's why I say it's a mistake to make you and Charlene sit together!

Ahhhh, the boomboom is always so fun! Seriously, I want to go again! Haha. Oh, did I mention that it's tiring too? Yeah, it is, cos you have to keep pedalling. Even though there were breaks, like we rowed to one side and rested for a few minutes, your arm can't help but get tired.

Ohh, and then during this longest break, we all got down from our rafts and just, get completely wet! Haha, oh, I guess I was smart enough not to get my whole head wet by submerging it, haha, or falling with the others to the ground! But still, I don't mind getting wet, cos it was so fun! Haha, we sang a lot of songs and cheers together as Cedar Guides! :D:D:D So funnnn! I want it again, man!

Oh, then the next half of the journey gradually became more and more dull. There were no more rapids, and it was really just, nothing. Haiyo, just when we were hoping for more boomboom-s, there came none. I think there was only one after that, but that one wasn't fun at all. Haha, never mind, at least I'm glad that I got to experience such a fun activity! :D

Then after lunch, the weather turned awry! D: Boo. When we got to the waterfall abseil venue, the sky began to turn dark, and then after the instructor briefed us about the safety precautions, it started to pour. :(:(:( I was so angry! And disappointed! I was so looking forward to the waterfall abseiling! Not only was the activity thrilling, I have not abseiled before, so I'm positive it will be a refreshing experience! :( Boo. Speaking of this, I'm so fumed ok. During P6 camp, I was next to go for the abseiling (normal one), then suddenly the instructor said that there's no more time, and that we had to go for dinner. My friend and I were begging the instructor like mad, yet he didn't budge at all. =.= Then when we got to the dining hall, we were the first group there, and had to wait for half an hour for the rest to come. =.==.= Super pissing can? Haizzzz. But anyway, that was during my P6 camp. Yesyes, so I was really looking forward to the waterfall abseiling, but unfortunately the weather spoiled it all. And did I tell you that I was shivering in the cold? Yes, I was, but I recovered soon enough. Thankfully. :) Sigh, so of course, I wasn't the only one who was disappointed. My friends and other people were equally disappointed. Oh well, I guess we can't have control over the weather. It's just my fate that I have to wait till OAC next year to get to abseil.

So then we had our tea break, which there was hot tea! Yay, not that I like tea, in fact I don't drink tea, but for survival purposes, it was hot, and I do mean hot, so it was great for warming myself up! After having a nice shower, we had dinner. :) And I really mean that the shower was nice and refreshing ok. Everyone was so recharged after the shower! After dinner we played Truth or Dare. Whoa, I tell you, that was the best Truth or Dare game I've ever played in my whole life! Hahaha, we played as Sec 2s to 4s man! Haha, I don't know whether it's my fortune or unluckiness to not get picked. Haha.

Night game was so, so fun! It was hilarious I tell you! Hahaha. The games were alright, all played before in Singapore. But it's the team that made everything so enjoyable! All the Sec 2s and Deryn and Melissa. :) Haha, our group name was called 'Orange Juice 20 cents', cos we were all wearing the orange-coloured Farewell tee, and who knows where did that extra '2o cents' come from! I think that instructor just added it there without telling us! Anyway, CHARLENE TEO WAS HILARIOUS! SO COMICAL! She as the paper doll was indeed very suitable! So funny! HAHAHA. And she did not take any advantage of you, okay, Charlene! HAHAHAHAHAA! Alright, yay, because our group was so coordinated and thoughtful, we won the champion prize!Hahaha, for all three games combined together! :D Good job Orange Juice 20 cents, I will miss you guys! ;)

Day 3, Monday

After eating breakfast, we went around the place/resort to take photos. :) The scenery is really nice. :) Then after that we stood at the back of the lorry and they drove us to Gua Tempurung. :) Oh gosh, it got me so excited to be standing on the back of the lorry man! Haha, this really shows how suaku we were. Sigh. It was really relaxing and cooling, haha, our lorry was like, shouting and making a lot of sound effects along the way!

Gua Tempurung was fine, not bad, but not what I expected to be. I thought we had to climb through holes, 'battle' with bats etc. Haha, it turns out that I just had to climb the stairs, and enjoy the view, that's all! No bats! Haha! The shapes formed by the stallectites and stallecmites were really a wonder, from animals to humans to other weird creatures, like cats, goats, horse, woman, batman?! Haha. Cool. :) But the climb was kinda tiring.

After lunch we went to Kellie's Castle. Ho, the ghost stories that the teacher narrated to us were indeed freaky! :/ The castle was alright. I think Mr Chai was kinda right, it reminded me of the tragedy of WWII, where the Japanese bombed part of the place... Anyway, the rooftop was really nice! A bit dangerous, cos there's totally no railings at the side and anyone who goes too near the edge of the roof will just fall. Four storeys, I think. But still very dangerous. But anyway, it's a nice phototaking place! :D

After that we went to the Mangrove place. Haha, I shall fast forward that one cos I don't have anything to say about that. Then we went to the Charcoal Factory. Very interesting! The boss was very enthusiastic, and kept thanking us for visiting his factory. Oh, I finally learnt hor charcoal was made, and it really taught me to use charcoal wisely! It takes one whole month (and slightly more than that) to make charcoal, from the mangrove trees etc! Very long! And the hands on activities were fun. :) Ohh, the sweet potato that was cooked by the charcoal way was very sweet! Nice. :)

Then it was dinner. Hahaha, sthg weird and kinda extraordinary, or so they call it, happened to Sabrina and Charlene! Hohoho. Shall not elaborate. They were in pain, yet they still could laugh. =.= Laughing in pain! HAHAHA! I think that night, everyone seemed to go crazy or sthg, cos the Sec 3s were laughing like mad too, and I think the Sec 4s were also laughing a little more than usual... Or is it my imagination? Oh well, you can't deny the fact that laughing is contagious! :D

The hotel was alright, I would say very modern, but it's very small, so I definitely prefer the Ipoh hotel from the first night to this one. It's small, not kidding onlehh!

Day Four, Tuesday

We went to Taiping Lake Gardens in the morning. Not bad, quite scenic, especially since the sky was very blue! :) Took some photos there. :)

Then after that was just travelling, travelling, all the way.

All in all, I loved Perak trip very much. Ahhahaha, just blogging about this makes me feel all I-miss-Perak-trip!



Till we meet again.

No comments: