Friday, August 21, 2009

Patrol Day today was fantastic. I enjoyed it so much! It was fabulous!

During the last period, it started raining very heavily, with thunder and lightning, and the Guides in 2I were like, 'Oh gosh, we surely cannot go ECP already'. But then, at about 2 plus, it slowly became a drizzle. By the time we went to ECP, thankfully, it had stopped raining. :) Yay.

Because some of us haven't eaten lunch yet, so we quickly went to either Macs or Subway to packet food. We didn't want to eat in the restaurant itself, so we went to one of the shelter, sat in a circle, and talked. That's why it's called bonding session! Haha.

I requested for us to cycle/rollarblade, cos I seriously can't stand going to ECP, and not cycling or rollarblading! I mean, you go all the way there, once in a while, with your beloved patrol members, and you just sit down, and talk. For more than an hour? Haha, no way, in my opinion. xD

And so we did, as what I suggested. I rollarbladed. Yay! I had hoped right from the start to do that. Hehe. But if I'm not wrong, I'm the only one in the whole of Guides that rollarbladed just now! :X So embarrassing! It's like, I'm the only one literally on wheels, and most ppl were staring at me... Especially during the gather of the official dismissal.

Ok, so after we ate, (and I'm proud to say that I DIDN'T EAT FRIES), we started to rent our bikes, for me, the inline skates. It costs $10 for 2 hours. Actually it's $10 for one hour, but the second hour will be free. So effectively it's just $10 for 2 hours. Yeah. Thankfully the ground dried up relatively fast. At least it's not wet enough to make me slip and fall. :)

It was cooling, during the ride. The sun was not very strong, just nice. Overall, it was quite a perfect weather. We cycled/skated to quite far away, about 1 km +, around 1.5? I dunno, then we U-Turned just before the flowery area, which we thought was actually a good place to take photos. We had to rush back for the 'official dismissal'. Halfway there, Celest fell down. Boo. ): Because suddenly Zhi Hui and Nithya came riding past Celest in quite fast speed, so perhaps she...? But anyway, she's fine, just a little cut on her palm. Don't worry Celest, it's alright. It's not embarrassing, haha.

Throughout the whole dismissal and all, I was still in my skates! haha! I think ppl were shooting me weird glances. Hmm...? Too bad the Sec 1s (in my patrol) and the Sec 4s couldn't go... Shall organise another second official patrol outing in the Nov/Dec Hols!

After the 'official dismissal', Orchid patrol decided to go for another round again. Wheeheehee. Our aim was to reach the flowers area, but when we were quite close to there, we were quite tired, so we stopped, rest for a while, took one more photo, and set off back again to return our skates/bicycles.

Honestly, at that point, I was tired, but still, some part of me had the energy to carry on. Haha, of course, I'm always to energetic! Hahaha. My butt and thighs was a bit sore! XD But not so bad bah. Haha. Felt a bit weird to be wearing shoes after I changed out of the skates. Hehe.

Today, I'm glad that I shared a few more things with my patrol. Like how I told Zhi Hui what I feel about cheerleading. Haha. Cheerleading is fun! And We really bonded like glue okay. Who says patrol outings are useless? So fun man. ZH was telling us about how our next patrol outing would be like. Haha, sounds cool!

AOA, if you're seeing this, I wanna say that today really made me feel closer than ever to this patrol. Orchid, the one and only Orchid patrol in Cedar Guides. We are unique! We rock man! OPromise! :D
Sec 3s: Hmm, today, I felt like, hmm, I really got to know you guys much better. :) And more confident of myself!
Sec 2s: NITHYA AND CELEST, I was so glad that our attendance for Sec 2s and 3s were full strength, ok, I was initially afraid that one of us couldn't go. You guys made the outing even more special! :D
Sec 1s: It's really sad that you guys couldn't go, but don't worry, there's a next time. End of the year! Look forward to it! :D

No comments: